This is an extra post beyond my usual weekly Saturday postings in the light of the number of you who have looked at this since I started publicising this blog.
Thanks to all of you who have sent encouraging comments to me. If you'd like to be notified every time that there is a new post, pop your email into the bar on the right hand side and you will told every time there is a new post. This is just a feed- I will have no idea who has signed up to this!
A few of you have asked me to provide an update on my track record. As I write, I will use examples from the history of what I've invested in with some great examples and some disasters. The aim of each is to provide an opportunity to learn from these- how I learned and how I've tried to avoid replication of the disasters.
However I thought you might find it helpful for me to share my current ISA portfolio (where I do the majority of my UK share trading). I do have other accounts, but this is my focused one. I've included details of when I bought the share and how it has performed since. They run in descending order of performance (save where I've grouped the same share on a top up). Almost all of the current crop have been acquired since June 2019. I've also included details of the ones that I've sold since that time. It is worth saying that I have had an unusually good run recently and this is not wholly typical of past performance! The below is published subject to this disclaimer. which you must read and in reading further you are deemed to accept it.
- Games Workshop (GAW). Bought+ 20/01/2017 at £8.52. Current price* £64.20. (+653.52%)
- Cohort (CHRT). Bought 18/07/2018 at £3.88. Current price* £7.29 (+87.69%)
- Solid State (SOLI). Bought 06/08/2018 at £4.43. Current price* £6.46 (+45.82%)
- Anglo American (AAZ). Bought 04/06/2019 at £1.00. Current price* £1.45 (+45.49%)
- Anglo American (AAZ). Bought 15/11/2019 at £1.35. Current price* £1.45 (+7.38%)
- Pets at Home (PETS). Bought 04/06/2019 at £1.85. Current price* £2.65 (+43.41%)
- Avast (AVST). Bought 14/08/2019 at £3.50. Current price* £4.99 (+42.75%)
- JD Sports (JD.) Bought 06/08/2019 at £5.92. Current price* £8.32 (+40.52%)
- Belvoir Lettings (BLV). Bought 04/06/2019 at £1.18. Current price* £1.50 (+26.58%)
- Property Franchise (TPFG). Bought 20/11/2019 at £1.69. Current price* £2.04 (+20.87%)
- RM (RM.) Bought 04/06/2019 at £2.41. Current price* £2.85 (+18.26%)
- Softcat (SCT) Bought 16/09/2019 at £9.82. Current price* £11.51 (+17.22%)
- Strix Group (KETL). Bought 27/06/2018 at £1.63. Current price* £1.82 (+12%)
- IG Group (IGG). Bought 19/09/2019 at £6.32. Current price* £6.82 (+7.91%)
SOLD SINCE JUNE 2019
- Shoezone (SHOE). Bought on 04/06/2019 at £2. Sold on 30/08/2019 at £1.32 following profit warning (-34.18%)
- Evraz (EVR). Bought on 04/06/2019 at £6.08. Sold on 01/11/2019 at £3.65 (-40%) following slump in price and downward alert being hit**.
- Bioventix (BVXP). Bought on 04/06/2019 at £37.38. Sold on 15/11/2019 at £32.21 (-13.83%) due to downward alert being hit.
- MIssion (TMG). Bought on 06/08/2019 at £0.83. Sold on 15/11/2019 at £0.75 (-9.66%) due to downward alert being hit.
+I'd love to say that I still hold all of my original holding. As it happens I've been selling this all the way up. As it happens I only hold about a value equal to £604 of my original holding, which is now worth £4,494. It is proof of the adage of "running your winners" if there ever was one...more on that in future weeks.
* At at 12th January 2020
** A bad example of hanging on to a share for too long- one that I will return to.